The MobileRAID MR8X6 series is a 8 bay dual channel SAS RAID tower comprised of the same engines as the AccuRAID / EliteRAID enterprise level rackmount storage. Utilizing the same engine structure as the high-end rackmounts, the MobileRAID provides storage features such as dual channel support, online expansion, online RAID migration, and RAID roaming. Embedded ethernet web managements allow for local and remote access to the status of the storage system, as well as send out critical alerts for system events. The built-in hardware RAID engines provide seamless hardware integration, eliminating OS compatibility issues. The dual channel host interfaces provide two physical connections for server clustering, which allow automatic failover without data access downtime in the case of server failure. SPC-3 Persistent Reservation is supported for clustering via Windows Server 2008. With latest 6G SAS/SATA hard drives support, as well as 6G SAS interface for host connections, MR8X6 will provide up to 600MB/s in RAID 6 applicaion, and is a ideal hardware RAID storage solution for high performance computer and video editing.
• Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, JBOD and hot spare disk.
• Dual Channel SAS (SFF-8088) host interface, supporting clustering operating system.
• True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and no additional RAID controller needed.
• Multiple RAID volume support.
• Supports SATA and SAS 6G hard drives.
• Over 2TB support.
• Supports SMART, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives.
• Online array roaming.
• Online RAID level / stripe size migration.
• Online RAID capacity expansion and RAID level migration simultaneously.
• Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
• Hard drive, fan and temperature failure detectors to ensure system stability.
• Web browser-based RAID management via Arc. Http Proxy through RS-232 port for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD enviroments.
• Standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
Note: Replicator Depot Inc. recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please call (951) 378-4377 tech support
2 in stock (can be backordered)